The industry of scooters is worth more than USD $20 billion by 2021; with a CAGR of 6.5%. Hence, picking about the right scooter for anyone is a hard nut to crack. Let alone the ones for toddlers.
But we get it, you are concerned about the safe ride and durability of your kid’s next scooter. And that quest for the best toddler scooter brought you right on this webpage.
Good news is- we’ve made our hands dirty digging deep into the market. And here in this listing, we’ll take you through an in-depth breakdown of 10 best scooters for toddlers in 2021.
So, let’s just jump right it-
|Lascoota Kick Scooter for Kids||
|Scooters for Kids Toddler Scooter||
|SKIDEE Kick Scooters for Kids 2-12 Years Old||
|OUTON Scooter for Kids 3 Wheel Kick Scooter||
|5 in 1 Kids Kick Scooter, 3 Wheels Walker with Removable Seat||
1. Micro Kickboard 3-Wheeled
Presenting the king of toddler scooters- Micro Kickboard 3-Wheeled. If you’re on the market for the best then we present to you this absolute beast from Micro Kickboard.
Before starting the proceedings, let’s take a look at the brand reputation. If you’ve been searching toddler scooters for quite a while then you’ve heard this name. But, why? Well, this brand has been famous for their amazing scooters. Hence, many customers love it for their quality.
Apart from that, you’ll get all the necessary features in this one. Starting from the carbon fibered durable frame to the 24” handlebar- the scooter has it all.
And, it provides a top-notch performance all the time due to the wheels. Here, the wheels are non-marked and it ensures stability all the time. Plus, it doesn’t make any sounds whatsoever. So, your toddlers will experience a noise-less experience.
- The non-marked wheels ensure superior stability.
- Has an easy steer-design.
- The wheels provide a noise-less functionality.
- 3-wheeled design helps at providing balance.
- Has a lightweight construction.
- The brakes function by putting pressure on the back leg.
- Color: Blue
- Comes with vibrant colors.
- The lightweight design doesn’t hamper the speed.
- Has an easy-to-steer design.
- Doesn’t get damaged easily.
- Brakes function effectively.
- Provides superior stability.
- Doesn’t have adjustable handlebars.
If you’re looking for value then this product will provide it in every way possible. Here, you’ll find all the high-end features together at an affordable price.
Lastly, it has a strong construction and a lightweight feature. So, portability will never be an issue. In the end, the scooter offers a lot for the price it comes with.
Best Toddler Scooter With Seat
2. 5 in 1 Kids Kick Scooter, 3 Wheels Walker with Removable Seat and Back Rest
When it comes to versatility, this product tops the list in every way possible. Here, you’ll be able to use this product as a walker, skater, and even stroller. This is because the seat functionality of this scooter allows different functionality with it.
Hence, this scooter is termed as the king of versatility as it allows you different usable options. And, the best part is that you’ll be able to adjust and use the product easily.
This scooter for toddler boys is perhaps the most versatile of them all. It can be used as a toddler scooter, doll stroller, tots scooter for kids who use it sitting, baby walker and skating board.
- This toddler scooter turns using gravity. Just apply pressure to the base, lean the handles in the desired direction Turns by gravity This kick scooter turns by gravity, you can apply pressure to the base and lean the handles in the direction you want to go.
- Its body is made of lightweight aluminum alloys.
- Its detachable parts include seat saddle, backrest, handlebar whose height is adjustable and back handle rod.
- It has 3 adjustable backrest heights—72cm, 76cm and 81 cm.
- Its handlebar can be adjusted to 55cm, 69cm, 74 cm and 78 cm.
- Ideal for kids three to six years
- Colors: Pink and Green
- It uses gravity to turn
- It can be adjusted to three seat heights—24cm, 27cm and 30 cm
- Its LED Light Up Wheels provide a lot of excitement to kids
- The handlebar is adjustable to four levels.
- After assembly, the scooter is not stable.
- The product is not accompanied by a manual.
The fact that this scooter can be used in five different ways encourages parents to consider it over other models as this makes it value for money. Definitely worth considering.
3. Lascoota 2-in-1 Kick Scooter with Removable Seat Great for Kids & Toddlers Girls or Boys
Say hello to another scooter with seats- Lascoota 2-in-1 Scooter. If you’re trying to use scooter in different options then this one will allow you to do so. Here, the seat functionality ensures that your toddlers can use them in any way possible.
So, the toddlers can sit and ride the scooter at the same time. Also, they’ll be able to stand and ride at the same time. And, the impressive part is that the T-bar ensures that your toddler will get all the motor skill confidence needed.
The LaScoota Scooter has all the features any parent would love for his kid, and a few innovative ones too. With this, your child can stand or sit while riding it. This scooter for 2-year-olds has a T-bar with four height options—all adjustable—for your growing child. This is the perfect scooter that grows your child’s confidence and motor skills while he rides it.
- The wheels of this pre-school scooter move smoothly, enhancing its stability.
- Its wide deck is large and can accommodate both feet.
- It also offers a good grip, making the scooter extremely stable.
- Lean-to-Steer technology involves the rider steering while using their body weight to lean on either side. They develop coordination and balance skills that help in playing sports.
- Its body is made of aluminum alloy and robust stainless-steel parts. Its brakes are made of tough stainless-steel ABS.
- Not just a boys’ scooter, this one works well for kids between two years and eight.
- Colors: Blue, Green, Pink, Purple, Yellow, and Red
- These best kids’ scooters are highly durable.
- Kids can use it sitting and as they grow older,
- Can remove the seat and ride standing.
- It uses Lean-to-Steer technology.
- It comes with accessories like a helmet.
- It is restricted to a bodyweight of 50 kg.
- Poor quality helmet
The technology behind the making of this scooter is certainly impressive. Due to this, this scooter is good value for money as the child can use it until he’s eight years old. It also comes in a variety of colors, making it ideal for boys and girls.
4. S SKIDEE Scooter for Kids with Foldable and Removable Seat
When we’re talking about our next product, we’re thinking about the seat functionality of it all the time. Here, the S SKIDEE scooters ensure that they’ll have removable seats on them.
As a result, your toddlers can use them in any fashion. Also, this will allow the toddlers to ride and sit down at the same time. And, the best part about these seats is that they can be folded and removed at the same time.
So, the foldable seats ensure that you’ll be able to save up on space and have a better portability always. Speaking of adjustments, the handlebars can be adjusted as well.
This scooter comes with many advantages for kids, making their riding time pleasurable and safe. Perhaps the one high-ranking feature here is its multidirectional and adjustable seat. It can be folded and stored in front of the handlebar and its height can also be adjusted, ranging from 13” to 13.8”.
- Lean-to-turn steering teaches kids motor skills and balance at a young age. This also keeps them safe from sharp turns.
- Easy to assemble, the Skidee scooters come with foldable seats. With seats down, toddlers can sit and play. As they grow, the seat can be folded and removed so that the child can scoot.
- Strong scooter construction of lightweight aluminum alloy makes for a safe scooter.
- This 3-wheel scooter for kids has back wheel braking which gives the child total scooter control
- Adjustable handlebar ranging from 24.5”-33”
- Easy to fold and store and take on holidays—just press a button
- Ideal for kids aged two to 12 years
- One-year warranty
- Colour: Blue
- Very wide deck fit for both feet
- Made with Lean-to Steer technology
- Easy to fold and store
- Makes a great gift
- Seat adjustment is only for kids 4 years and below
- Body parts give way after minimal use
Being a sturdy machine, this scooter offers a lot of secure fun time to toddlers and kids. It is value for money as the child can use the same scooter for many years. In fact, it’s the best scooter for 4-year-old.
Best Foldable Toddler Scooter
5. SKIDEE Kick Scooters for Kids Foldable Scooter
Say hello to the first foldable scooter of our list- SKIDEE Kick Scooters. If you’re looking for foldable options then this is the first one we introduce to you.
And, yes, the USP of this product is the foldable functionality. Here, the foldable seats ensure that the scooter can be stored anywhere. Also, they don’t take up much space. So, you’ll be able to save up on space.
Other than that, the scooter comes with wide boards on them. And, the stable surface ensures that your toddlers can balance on it easily. Furthermore, the wide surface contributes to the overall stability as well.
Apart from this, the scooter comes with adjustable seats. Hence, you’ll be able to adjust them and use them too. Not only can you adjust the seats but you can even replace them at the same time.
So, you’ll have full liberty of removing or folding them if you want to. In accordance to this, the wheels of this scooter are a lucrative matter for your toddlers. And, why is that?
Well, the toddlers will love the fact that the wheels glow all the time. Here, the wheels glow automatically without the need of batteries. And, the wheels provide added stability too.
In the end, the scooters are best for traveling purposes. This is because you can store and travel with them folded inside your car.
- Comes with a foldable design.
- The wheels glow without any batteries.
- Sturdy design adds in superior toughness.
- Has an easy-to-steer design.
- Sturdy construction helps in stability.
- Color- Blue
- Has a sturdy construction.
- Easy to carry.
- Saves up space.
- Doesn’t get damaged easily.
- The wheels provide additional stability.
- Seats can bend due to heavier weight.
In the end, the product is perfect for traveling as it can be folded and stored at the same time. Plus, it doesn’t weigh much. So, you can easily carry it anywhere you want to.
The product has amazing durability and will withstand daily abuse on it.
6. Allek F01 Folding Kick Scooter
Presenting another foldable scooter in our list- Allek F01 Scooter. Here, the USP of this scooter is the foldable functionality. But, the even better part about this mechanism is that you’ll be able to fold it under two seconds.
Hence, folding and using the scooter will never be an issue. As a result of the folding mechanism, you can store the products anywhere you want.
Also, you’ll be able to adjust the product on any terms. And, even the handlebars can be adjusted according to your needs. So, anyone can use this product.
Speaking of the height adjustability, you’ll be able to adjust the height upto four different levels. And, the best part about the height adjustability is that you can lock the levels using a twisted lock. Here, the locks will provide additional safety.
Other than that, the LED lights make it easier to navigate. And, the light on the wheels can go on for hours without the need of a battery.
And, the impressive part about these wheels is that it’s made of PU. So, your floors won’t get scratched easily.
- PU wheels don’t scratch the floors easily.
- LED lights in the front and rear help in navigation.
- The glowing wheels can go on for hours without battery.
- Height can be adjusted due to adjustable handlebars.
- Folding mechanism works under two seconds.
- Can be folded easily.
- Doesn’t scratch the floor.
- Has lights in the front for navigation.
- Easy to carry.
- Saves up space.
- It’s a bit heavy to maneuver.
As the foldable mechanism in this scooter works like magic, you won’t have problems storing it anywhere. Also, the other benefits provided by this scooter makes it one of the best there is!
In the end, if you’re looking to travel then make this your companion as your toddlers will love it.
7. Tomasar Mini Kick Scooter Aluminum Folding Scooters
Aluminum Scooters have the reputation of being extremely durable and lightweight. But, what if I told you there’s an option where you’ll get lightweight features with a folding mechanism.
Yes, you heard me correctly. The Tomasar Scooter works like magic if you’re traveling somewhere. Here, the lightweight capability means you won’t have problems with carrying it around.
Also, the foldable mechanism means that you’ll be able to store it easily as well. So, if you’re traveling somewhere then getting this with you won’t be a problem.
Besides, the aluminum scooter provides incredible durability all the time. So, you won’t have to worry about it withstanding any kind of abuse on it. Plus, the solid frame ensures that it’ll provide additional stability always.
Other than that, the adjustable handlebars make it easier to store as well. Here, the compact design already makes things easy. And, the adjustable capability will make you love this product even more.
Apart from this, toddlers will love the wheels of this scooter as it’ll glow when they’re moving. Also, the PU wheels will ensure that your floors aren’t scratched and your toddlers can use this scooter for a long time.
- Has a solid frame that contributes to overall stability.
- The aluminum construction allows incredible durability.
- PU wheels don’t scratch the floors in any way.
- The handlebars can be adjusted.
- Compact design makes it easier to store.
- Foldable mechanism makes it easy to store the product.
- Color- Black.
- Has superior durability and toughness.
- The solid frame makes it easy to balance.
- Comes with adjustable handlebars.
- Doesn’t scratch the floor.
- Can be stored due to the compact and lightweight design.
- The glowing lights don’t show in the daytime.
In the end, if you’re looking for a foldable yet durable scooter then this one will impress always. As the product comes with a lot of added benefits, it’ll be a tough one to beat.
On the other hand, it provides extended stability and longevity. So, you won’t have to worry about purchasing another one real soon.
Best Toddler Scooter For 2 Year Old
8. OUTON Scooter for Kids 3 Wheel Kick Scooter for Toddler Girls & Boys
When choosing a scooter for a 2-year old, it’s essential that you focus on safety all the time. Well, the OUTON scooter provides all the necessary safety features for your toddler.
Also, the scooter ensures comfort and support all the time. So, your toddlers won’t have any problems with it. And, they’ll get the confidence to ride a bike in the future due to this scooter.
This modern toddler’s 3-wheel scooter has everything kids are going to love. It makes kids want to get out of doors and breathe in the fresh air while having loads of fun—all thanks to its many design features.
- Lean-To-Steer Design is both fun and safe for kids
- Adjustable seat to three levels–9″,10.2″and 11.8″. Toddlers can sit on the foldable seat or stand on the deck and scoot.
- Easy scooting with low, near-the-ground riding
- 2 Front and 2 rear LED flashing wheels that shine even during the day. Encourage safety at night. Wheels work without batteries.
- Anti-slip, very wide deck and low riding experience enhance the comfort of riders
- Smooth and comfortable riding experience for kids
- Lightweight aluminum alloy and strong polymer construction make it highly durable
- One-year return or refund
- Stable 3-wheel design
- Adjustable handlebar height fits the child’s height to four levels ranging from 25.5″-34″
- Ideal for kids aged two years to 13, and a great scooter for toddler girl
- Colors: Purple, Blue, Pink, and Rose Pink
- Easy to brake scooter due to integrated rear brake
- Very wide deck
- Easy to store and portable
- 3-level adjustable seat
- Handlebars don’t turn
- Wheels do not light up
This is a popular model as it has all the modern features of a good toddler scooter. So, it provides all the fun and safety parents look for.
9. Micro Kickboard – Mini 3in1 Deluxe 3-Stage Ride
Say hello to another scooter for your 2-year old- Micro Kickboard Mini 3-in-1. If you’re looking for comfort and safety features together, this scooter will have it in place.
The sturdy construction of this scooter makes sure that your toddlers will be able to balance themselves easily. Also, the added stability provides comfort when riding.
Here, the sturdy construction also helps at maintaining overall toughness anytime. Besides, the scooter doesn’t have much weight on it. With a lightweight of just 2.4 kg, you’ll be able to carry it anywhere.
Other than that, the sleek design will make your toddlers fall in love with the scooter. And, the quiet and non-marked wheels will provide all the noiseless functionality.
Plus, it’ll make sure that the wheels aren’t scratching the surface as well. So, your toddlers will be able to ride all day long without any discomfort.
Speaking of comfort, the seats in the scooter provide absolute comfort for your toddlers. So, they won’t face any issues whatsoever when riding in this scooter.
- The sturdy construction helps in the overall toughness.
- Has a stable surface.
- Adjustable seats provide comfort.
- The non-marked wheels don’t cause any noise.
- Stable surface helps the toddlers to balance.
- Color- Aqua
- Doesn’t cause any noise.
- Provides utmost comfort.
- Comes with adjustable seats.
- The surface provides stability.
- Doesn’t scratch the surface.
- Can be difficult to propel due to the position of wheels.
In the end, the scooter is perfect for the 2-year old. This is because there are tons of safety features. Plus, the seats and adjustable provides additional comfort all the time.
And, the best part is that the surface of this scooter provides additional stability all the time.
10. Radio Flyer My 1st Scooter
We’re down to the last product for the 2-year olds. And, our product is from Radio Flyer. This scooter is known as a beginner scooter.
Here, the main selling point of the product is the surface that helps in coordination and balance. Hence, you can get this for the toddlers as it’ll help them to balance.
Besides, the manufacturers have designed this scooter just for your toddlers. As a result, they’ve positioned the front wheels in such a way that it’ll clear the way for your toddlers. Hence, they’ll be able to steer easily and effectively. Plus, the steering radius makes it easy to turn the scooter without having to compromise the mobility.
Lastly, the product has a wider surface. Here, the surface ensures the added stability all the time. Also, this wider base makes sure there will be lesser wobbles when your toddlers are riding.
So, they’ll be able to ride in comfort and without any problem.
- The wider surface makes it easy to balance.
- Front wheels make it easy to steer the scooter.
- The turning radius makes it easy to turn.
- Wider base adds in traction.
- Color- Red.
- Helps at providing the balance.
- Has easy turning.
- Comes with a wider base.
- Can be steered easily.
- Isn’t easy to adjust.
As the scooter has a lot of added benefits, it easily stands as a tougher competitor. Here, the scooter helps the children to balance and coordinate due to the wider surface.
Plus, the wider surface provides easier traction as well. So, this scooter will work great as a beginner scooter. And, it’ll provide all the necessary confidence for your toddler in riding a bike in the future.
Features to Look for When Buying Toddler Scooters
To steer a three-wheeled scooter, the rider must either lean to the right or left. However, the handlebar does not direct the scooter. Using the handlebar, he can steer this scooter while also increasing his motor skills and learning balance and coordination.
A wide-decked scooter is ideal in terms of stability, so look out for that. If it has a broad base, the scooter will be robust, and it will enable the child to put both his feet on it. A low-to-the-ground deck is best because it is safer for the child and he will be able to balance better.
Is the height of the handlebar comfortable and safe? For optimal comfort, the handlebar should be around your child’s waist for control. If the bar is too low, your child will have to hunch over, making it uncomfortable.
The number of wheels on the scooter is important in terms of overall stability. Their diameter is also important. Wheels with small diameter maneuver better than large ones and are more stable. They should be made of polyurethane (PU) urethane, which is durable and offers smooth rides.
Lightweight scooters are best for toddlers for ease of control, use, and maneuver. It is also portable when the child is fatigued.
If the scooter you choose is foldable and portable to the park or anywhere else, that’s a good choice. Folding it enables you to store it better, using less space. In a small house, this is a boon. However, a folded scooter may weaken it and make future rides less fun.
Balance Bike Vs. Scooter For Toddler
Well, we’ve introduced you to the toddler scooters in the review section. But, many individuals question whether they’re worth it or not when put against balance bikes. Even though both have quite some differences, they serve almost the same purpose.
And, to make things clear for you, we’ve provided a comparison between them on the basis of some common factors. So, without any further ado, let’s begin right away-
Balancing & Smaller Workouts
Even though many individuals are unaware of this issue, balance bikes strengthen the muscles of your toddlers. And, how does that work? Well, when you’re toddlers are using the balance bikes, they’re utilizing the leg muscles to push the bike.
On the other hand, they’re maintaining their balance at the same time by engaging their core. And, the most interesting part is that they’re unaware of these smaller workouts.
As a result, the core muscles are developing and their thigh muscles are working as well. This means they’re developing their fitness in the same manner.
Another benefit of the balance bikes is that they’re getting necessary preparations. And, what are the preparations for? Well, balance bikes are giving their training for riding bikes.
Here, they’re learning to keep their balance and that’ll help them to ride bikes in the future.
Whereas, the scooters won’t provide this much control and balance to them. So, when compared to the balance bikes, your kids won’t get the same amount of purchase from the scooters.
So, at the end of the day, the balance bikes provide a bit more workouts for your toddlers. And, they take the win here.
When it comes down to safety, scooters have a braking system on them. However, the kids prefer to use their legs when stopping bikes. And, the balance bikes don’t have brakes on them.
So, the children use their legs in order to stop the bikes. And, this is better as the kids will get to decide when they’ll have to stop.
Apart from this, the scooters have a secure braking system on them. And, your children will need to master the controls here. Not only toddlers can master this at one go. So, your children need to decide when they’ll need to squeeze the brakes or not.
That said, the winner here is the scooters as your children will get to push the brakes when needed. And, they do offer a secure system for your children.
That’s right. Balance bikes make the way for your children to ride bikes in the future. In fact, balance bikes provide the necessary confidence to your toddlers as well.
Here, the balance bikes provide almost the same type of mechanism as riding a bike. It’s just that, your toddlers have to ensure that they’re balancing themselves while going forward at the same time.
By doing this, they get the habit of riding a bike. On the other hand, scooters don’t provide the necessary confidence for riding the bike.
In fact, the scooters have a different mechanism altogether. So, your toddlers won’t get the habit of riding a bike. And, in the future, you’ll need to give added training for your children.
Hence, the balance bikes take the easy win here.
Toddler Bike Maintenance
We’re at the end of the guide. But, we’d like to show an idea about the maintenance of the bikes. This is because you’ll ensure that the bikes are working smoothly if you maintain them.
Also, you’ll increase their efficiency too at the same time by taking care of them. Don’t worry, the maintenance process isn’t hard by any means. In fact, you’ll just need to follow some easy methods. So, let’s take a look at them-
- Wipe down dust and mud.
- Wash the axle with clean water.
- Don’t let the water settle on the axle.
- Lubricate the chain.
- Wash the deck with soap and water.
- Oil the chain.
- Proper inspection of the loose bolts.
- Check the alignment of the handlebars.
- Not storing under direct heat.
- Don’t ride in rainy weather.
- Fix chipped paints.
- Teach proper biking.
By ensuring the above key steps, you’ll be able to ensure the safe riding of your children. And, by maintaining them, you’ll prevent the chances of accidents happening.
We do realize that searching for the best toddler scooter is difficult, especially when you don’t know what to look for in one. That’s why you need some help. We present all the help we can provide through this review which contains all the necessary features that your kid’s scooter should have.
To keep kids active and having fun, you need to do everything you can to keep them outdoors. So, buying a toddler scooter is a good idea. And, considering kids enjoy scooting, you won’t regret buying one for them.
Besides, a scooter also develops a child’s motor skills, so they develop physically and mentally while they have fun. So, go ahead and buy your child one.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.